Board of Directors
All of our directors are elected to two-year terms, each expiring in December. Below you will find a full list of our directors for both 2016-'17 and 2017-'18 terms.
- Malon Cowgill - Junction City, OR
- Dave Nelson - Turner, OR
- Patti Harris - Ridgefield, WA
- Chris Philbrook (Chair)- Vancouver, WA
- Saul Rodriquez - Umatilla, OR
- Hector Magallanes - Boardman, OR
- Rod Lowe - Rogue River, OR
- Jackie Phillips (Vice Chair) - Ridgefield, WA
- Randy Dickerson - Vancouver, WA
Leah Nelson (Association Executive Secretary)
Our mission is to provide racing opportunities for all quarter horse owners, breeders, stallion owners, and trainers participating in the state of Oregon. We represent quarter horses' interests before the Oregon Racing Commission and the Oregon Legislature. We cooperate and work directly with commercial race tracks and county fair associations to enhance racing opportunities for all quarter horses. We promote racing opportunities for quarter horses participating in Oregon to the fans, current owners, new owners, breeders, the media, and the general public.